20.1.14

The Nitty Gritty

     So here we are one week (or so) after my last blog entry.  We are still all aboard this call we feel God has put on our lives this year and are actually excited about the fruit that is going to be produced from it, both in our own family and possibly others as well.  I have come to realize that this isn't just about our debt, though it is a big part, it's about a much bigger picture of obedience and an un-clinching of our fists with our finances and truly giving it over to God...and that is what I'm most excited for.  Ok...now to the nitty gritty of what we're doing.  Why?  I don't know. I just feel like I need to.
     Let me first say that this blog is specific to our journey.  I am in no way claiming to be an expert in finances, in fact I am just the opposite.  If you don't agree with something we're doing, too bad.  It's our journey.  Go get your own.  I mean that in the most loving way possible of course!  Second, let me just take a minute to thank all of our very supportive family and friends who are walking with us through this.  We will get you all very nice home made cards for your birthdays and hand deliver them so we don't use stamps.  HAHA!  Maybe I'm going overboard.  Maybe not.  On to "the gritty"....I will consider the last paragraph "the nitty."
     The gritty of what we're doing is not spending any money on almost anything this year that is not an absolute necessity.  "What does that mean exactly," you might ask?  Well I'm not entirely sure.  I take it to God to see what I can spend on things like our annual heart shaped dinner we do for the kids on Valentine's Day...btw that is $20.  $20!!  It means no coloring my hair, no road trips (if you know us at all you KNOW how hard that is going to be for us!).  K had a hunting trip that he went on and I have a trip planned to Portland in February.  Those are our two "things" for the year.  We might fit in a camping trip and we have some miscellaneous gift cards left over from Christmas that are like gold now.  I'm saving my Macy's one for a possible freak out moment. :)  I am telling whoever is reading this blog all of this for accountability and also so if you see me out on the street in a new dress just assume I had my freak out moment and used my Macy's card.  I plan on being very transparent and if we mess up I'm going to talk about it...or blog about it I guess.
     So there you have it.  The nitty gritty of what we're doing.  I know it probably doesn't sound super clear to you or exciting, but it's not for us either.  We're taking it step by step and praying a lot along the way.  Thanks for journeying with us!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you guys!! We are in the process of getting debt free so im happy to be able to follow you guys on your journey! you are amazing rolemodels and an incredible inspirations in everything you do xoxo love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a precious information and really a helpful post too. Thanks to share a useful information. There are some interesting aspects in your article and I learned lot of things, thank you.

    Houston Dog Trainers

    ReplyDelete